United Church on the Green (North Church)

northchurch melfordPhoto: Michael Melford 270 Temple St.
New Haven

203-624-0698
www.unitednewhaven.org


Also called North Church, it was built by David Hoadley between 1812 and 1815. Renovations have restored the Federal interior style, although the shallow dome, ceiling ornament and chandelier are original. The design was derived from James Gibb’s St. Martin’s-in-the-Fields in London.